Well, let me clarify, I am NOT a nerd…. not even close to it! Well, though i do call everyone with black spectacles a nerd… well, that is not the point… I have began to read recently and i can hardly believe that i am actually reading!
Well, I remembered that i went for mentoring with my Mentor to talk about the cell i was leading, my Mentor ran through all the flaws i had, and how i could smoothen them. Well, one of them was to read more. I actually planned to get a book to read before he advised me! Because everyone around me was reading(my good friend, my mentors, etc), I decided to pick up a book and read!
And it was such an amazing journey! Well, mainly because there is only so much you could do and learn during cell, reading books from people that has experienced so much is so enriching! I am not kidding! I realised that those fiction books that i enjoyed had a flaw, that if the first part of the story doesn’t grip you, reading it has no motivation. For christian books, the motivation to read those books isn’t because it was interesting, i read it because i want to learn more!
I hope you would read as well!
These are the Books that i have read:
1. Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris
2. When God Writes Your Life Story by Eric and Leslie Ludy
3. Sex is Not The Problem(Lust is) by Joshua Harris
4. I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris
5. Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship by Joshua Harris
6. Disappointment With God by Philip Yancey
7. Stop Dating the Church and Fall in Love with the Family of God by Joshua Harris
8. Dug Down Deep by Joshua Harris
9. Where is God when it Hurts by Philip Yancey
10. Desiring God by John Piper (still reading)
11. More Than A Chat by Reach Family Service Centre
12. Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster (still reading)
13. Humble Orthodoxy by Joshua Harris
14. What Good is God by Philip Yancey
15. Passion and Purity by Elizabeth Eliot
16. The Bible Jesus Read by Philip Yancey
17. Mere Christianity by CS Lewis
18. Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis
19. The Great Divorce by CS Lewis
20. A Grief Observed by CS Lewis
21. The Gift of Pain by Dr Paul Brand and Philip Yancey (still reading)
22. The Abolishment of Man by CS Lewis (in queue)
Well, to help you i have done some reflections on some of the books i have read, you can see it for yourself HERE! 🙂